RESIDENTIAL PERMIT ACCOUNT (RPA)
Visit our new payment portal
WHAT IS IT?
Residential permit accounts are pre-loaded, pre-paid disposal accounts that allow customers the ability to dispose of acceptable residential waste, construction/demo debris and yard waste.
WHAT DO I GET?
An RFID-embedded rear view mirror tag. This tag allows disposal of all acceptable residential waste. See complete list of acceptable items HERE.
WHY SHOULD I SET UP AN ACCOUNT?
- Year-round ability to dispose of your household waste
- Access to facility during hours of operation (until 3:00pm)
- No need to schedule on-demand bulk pickup appointments (which otherwise can take up to 3 months to schedule)
- New Haven residents are given access to facility (avoiding need for special trips or drop-off coupons)
- Pre-paid account means easy in and out, no billing or authorization
- Your residence and/or property remains debris free!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
$35.00 for Account Setup and Tag.
Account holders must have the funds in a Residential Permit account. Tags are non-transferrable. Once a resident visits the Transfer Station, any cost for the load will be deducted from their account. Each permit holder automatically has an account in the system.
HOW DO I SET UP AN ACCOUNT?
- Residential permit accounts need to be funded before you enter the Transfer Station
- Minimum funding to open your account is $25.00
- When account balance falls below $10.00, (or higher in some cases), residents will receive a reminder (on a message board at the Transfer Station) that additional funds need to be added to account
- When account balance falls below $5.00 (or the applicable minimum), access to the Transfer Station will be denied until required minimum funds are added to the account
GUIDELINES FOR WASTE DISPOSAL
To make your visit efficient, safe and worth your valuable time, please review the following guidelines before you come to our drop-off facilities.
Your vehicle will be weighed upon entrance to the Transfer Station and again upon exiting to determine the weight of items disposed of.
The cost of each delivery will be automatically debited from your pre-paid account.
- We accept major credit cards, but setting up a residential permit account ahead of time will speed up your transaction time.
- Make sure your waste products or waste pile contains no hazardous waste or Haz-waste product.
- Consider whether your items could possibly be re-used, recycled or donated.
- Review the list of acceptable items to make sure your item(s) will be accepted at the Transfer Station.
Get A Transfer Station Permit
Apply For A Residential Permit Account
Have all our latest news and important updates delivered right to your inbox!